Serve a delicious Caprese Omelette Recipe for mother's day with this yummy recipe from La Sierna's. It's a nice Italian twist on a brunch classic that can feed the family. Serve with Rosemary Potatoes to complete the meal:
- 4 Eggs (scrambled)
- Mozzarella (a ball, sliced)
- Fresh Basil (10-15 leaves)
- Tomatoes (3 large or 5 medium, chopped)
- On medium heat, add the eggs to the pan and stir lightly to precook the eggs. (Don't stir too much or it becomes scrambled eggs.)
- Let it settle and form the outside of the omelette.
- Lay on the mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, and tomatoes down the middle of the eggs.
- Fold the edges over the filling.
- 1/2 pound of potatoes
- Olive Oil (3 tablespoons)
- Sage (1 tablespoon)
- Rosemary (1 tablespoon)
- Sea salt (a pinch)
(This can be prepared in advance and warmed up and served with the eggs.)
- Bring water to boil:
- Blanche the potatoes.
- In a medium pan, add olive oil and blanched potatoes.
- Add the Sage, Rosemary and Sea Salt then sautee.
- Fill a glass 2/3rd with chilled SYLTBAR Premium Rose
- Add a splash of Vermouth